Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!! 明けましておめでとう!!!新年快乐!

Though it's a little late, I hope everyone had a great one! Truthfully, 2010 was probably one of the hardest years I've had to get through. Mostly emotionally difficult, I learned who to trust and who not to. But, I feel for all of that, I've come out on top, and I'm going to continue to make my life better and better. This is also the first time in two years that I have been with my family for Christmas and New Years, and it's something irreplaceable to me.  I wish this for everyone too, I hope you came out on top and that things will go great for you.

I believe I opened this blog in 2008, on my birthday, May 2. 2 1/2 years pretty much. Pretty amazing, right? I've had a lot of fun running this blog. I hope I can continue doing this even when I leave for China in August (I'm fairly sure they haven't blocked blogger O_O). However, I will probably not update as often as I'd like. So I will work my hardest to get this blog up to par before going. Same to be said of my other blog: Milk Tea Party

You've of course noticed the lack of posts here now, I've only left posts of music released in December 2010. Moving everything else to my other blog. Currently, due to slow freaking internet, I am slowly uploading things. I am sincerely hoping that I get faster internet in a week or two. :)

Umm...well you'll notice I like to jump all over the place when I write. So, let's see... Music Highlights of 2010!
well, I don't have too many really.
1. the GazettE @ the Tokyo Dome (10.12.26)
2. D's "in the name of justice" single (yeah, I love it like a fat girls loves cake)
3. Anthony Neely's debut "Lesson One" album.
4. Rediscovering SNSD through "Genie"
5. Discovering the love of Sadie.

Yeah, lame I know! But those were great things for me. There were also many sad occurrences in 2010. The demise of kagrra,; the deaths and disbandings of a lot of jrock artists. I think you can also see where my musical preferences have veered off to. I still have a lot of love for J-Pop and C-Pop. I'm beginning to see the greatness of K-Pop too. But I have been into heavy rock music for a really long time. About 8 years now to be exact. I started with American alternative rock. Then I found the love of Symphonic metal, doom metal, whatever you wanna call it. And then I jumped into Asian music in 2007. Starting with Ayu and Hikki. I continued to discover more and more. But I think it's time I went back to the type of music I've always been comfortable with, heavy guitars lol. Oh this doesn't mean anything different for this blog. I'll keep posting all sorts of stuff. I'm just sayin'. Hehe, I've really been running music blogs ever since 07. It's a good outlet, gets my mind of off life for a bit. I don't know what the future holds, however, I hope that in a sense, China would be good for this blog as getting music there is so much easier. Bootleg cds run about 1-2 USD, a legitimate non-bootleg runs 5-10 USD.

I'll be finishing up my Bachelors degree here in May, and then two years in China for my Masters degree. Hopefully all that business gets me a good job! But enough of this blee-blah.

Are there any changes anyone would like to see here? Music you'd like to see here? Let me know! I really want to read suggestions! Everyone take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment